The Edmonton International Jazz Festival is right around the corner. It will take place from June 19th to 28th and will be held at various locations throughout the city. Here's what you can expect at the festival.
There are many different venues for the Jazz Festival including:
- Blue Chair Cafe - 9624 - 76 Avenue - This venue will hold 7 events and will provide plenty of fun for all to enjoy.
- Jeffrey's Cafe & Wine Bar - 9640 - 142 Street - There will be 7 events at this venue with some of the best musicians taking the stage.
- Maclab Theatre - 9828 - 101 A Avenue, Shoctor Alley - One event will be held here.
- Old Strathcona Performing Arts Centre - 8426 Gateway Boulevard NW - Six different events will be held at the concert hall and tickets are still available.
- Churchill Square - 99 Street & 102 Avenue - With six events on the schedule, Churchill Square provides free admission to Works with Jazz and a family-friendly atmosphere.
- Winspear Centre - 99 Street - 102 Avenue - Two of the larger events will be held here during the festival.
- Yardbird Suite - 11 Tommy Banks Way - With 17 events happening at the Yardbird Suite, this is a great place to enjoy the festival. Many local, national and international musicians will take the stage here.
- TransAlta Arts Barns - 10330 - 84 Avenue - There will be one event happening at this venue.
Plenty of concerts will be held throughout the area with the Edmonton Jazz Orchestra performing, along with many local musicians taking the stage. Many of the top jazz organizations will be a part of this huge festival. Some of the performers include:
- The Bad Plus Joshua Redman
- Ms Liza Fischer and Grand Baton
- Fred Hearsch Trio
- Curtis Nowosad Quintet
- Roddy Elias Trio
- Kenny Werner Trio
- And More!
Tickets are available online and you can get $99 passes, along with single tickets for the events. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit the event website at, http://edmontonjazz.com.