Search All Real Estate For Sale in Edmonton
See TODAY's New Listings, search by beds/baths, home & lot size, listing status, days on market & more!
Purchasing a home in Larkspur? Call your local Larkspur real estate team, The Terry Paranych Real Estate Group at RE/MAX Excellence, at 780.800.9644. The Terry Paranych Real Estate Group at RE/MAX Excellence will offer guidance to help you through the Larkspur Southeast Edmonton real estate market.
Larkspur Real Estate Market
The most dominant residential unit within the neighbourhood today is the single detached dwelling, which accounts for 88% of all homes, while the remaining 12% are duplex houses. A huge majority of the residents in Larkspur are homeowners (98%), with just 2% renting their homes. One peculiarity of the neighbourhood is its relatively high level of residents per home, averaging almost five residents to each dwelling, most probably due to the large number of young families living here.
Larkspur Community History
Larkspur is a relatively new neighbourhood compared to others in the city. Until the 1980s, the land was almost entirely used for agriculture. Planning here didn't begin until the early 1980s, and it wasn't until the latter part of that decade that construction began. From the late 1980s until the mid 2000s however, development occurred at an astonishing rate, transforming Larkspur from a rural backwater to a gleaming, modern and highly desirable residential neighbourhood in the space of just twenty years.
Larkspur Community Amenities
Larkspur claims to be one of the most progressive neighbourhoods in Edmonton. Its local community center tries to foster a very close-knit sense of community by providing a range of activities for residents, whilst local authorities strive to provide a wide array of amenities and services for the community. The result of these efforts is immediately visible in the growth of a substantial commercial area located in the southeastern corner of Larkspur, along 17th Street. In addition, the community also boasts the Meadowbrook retail area to the southwest, while educational and recreational services are provided by the Velma E. Baker School and the Larkspur Park in the center of the neighbourhood.
Larkspur Real Estate Agents
Thinking of buying or selling a home in Larkspur? Let our local Larkspur real estate agents help guide you through the purchase of your next property or expertly negotiate the sale of your current home. As local Larkspur real estate agents, we're experts on the market dynamics unique to the Larkspur real estate market. We'll get to work for you today!
The Terry Paranych Real Estate Group at RE/MAX Excellence to learn more about buyer or seller representation. Planning to sell your Larkspur home? Contact us to learn more about the possible resale value of your Larkspur property!